Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flintoff Retires from Test Cricket after the present Ashes




Freddie Flintoff announced that he was to retire from Test Cricket after the present Ashes series. He has been quoted as saying that this was due to the pile up of injuries, and that his body had told him it was “time to stop”.

In an interview on Sky Sports he said:

“I’ve been through four ankle operations, I had knee surgery just a couple of months ago and had three jabs in my knee on Monday just to get me right for this Test so I took that as my body telling me that I can’t cope with the rigours of Test cricket.

“It’s been something I’ve been thinking about for a while and I think this last problem I’ve had with my knee has confirmed to me that the time is now right.”

But it is important to stress that he will still play (injuries permitting) in the Ashes 2009 series.

No comments:

Post a Comment